Friday, July 9, 2010

A New Blog, A New Day

Well, here I am again. 


I'm going to start a new blog. This one is about my life - my experiences as a newlywed, a student, a preschool teaching assistant.  I'm at a crossroads in life...  things are changing a lot.  I don't mean that in a bad way either.  I just got married, just started a new job, and am trying to finish my last semester of my undergraduate degree.  So I figured, I would share my life experiences because I'm sure I'm not the only person in the world who is trying to get her life going in the right direction.  


I guess I'll start with my reason for the name of the blog.  "A Time For Daffodils" is my favorite poem... there's a time for everything.  Everything has a reason.  This relates perfectly to my life.  There is a time for everything.  It's time for me to be part of the "real world."  There was a time when I could carelessly waste my summer days and chase down the ice cream man, but my time for that is over... until I'm chasing my kids who are chasing down the ice cream man. Haha.  


Anyway, there's a time for everything.  I hope that this blog can give guidance to others who are learning the challenges of "growing up."  We all have to do it, but it's nice when you know someone else is going through the same thing. 


 i think it is a very profound poem... it has a slightly different structure than what we normally see with poems -because of the parentheses... but read it...its deep :-) i had to read it a few times before i got it, but its quite enlightening.... i know im a geeky english major but i just got really excited when i figured it out so i wanted to share it with you. 


a time for daffodils


ee cummings

in time of daffodils(who know
the goal of living is to grow)
forgetting why,remember how

in time of lilacs who proclaim
the aim of waking is to dream,
remember so(forgetting seem)

in time of roses(who amaze
our now and here with paradise)
forgetting if,remember yes

in time of all sweet things beyond
whatever mind may comprehend,
remember seek(forgetting find)

and in a mystery to be (when time

from time shall set us free)
forgetting me,remember me







No comments:

Post a Comment