Friday, July 16, 2010

Letter #7: To an Ex-Crush


Here is the 7th letter in my 30-letter challenge. This one is supposed to be to an ex-boyfriend or ex-crush.  Kind of an interesting letter.  This is one of those letters that you are supposed to write and then burn or shred without ever sending. 

Dear Former Crush,

You know who you are but most people reading this might assume I’m talking about someone else.  Well, I’m writing to you.

We never dated but I liked you for over a year.  You liked me too.  In a lot of ways, I owe you a thank you.  I met you when I was going through a rough patch in my life.  Through our friendship, parts of me could be healed. But, I never could figure out why you refused to date me even though you liked me.  Well, I finally know now.  I was waiting for my husband to come.  Had I been dating you, I would not have been free to date my husband when I first met him. 

It hurt my feelings that you couldn’t take the risk by dating me.  But the pain you caused me only made me appreciate my husband more. The pain is long since gone and I have no embittered feelings toward you.  I have a genuine gratitude to you. 

Everything happens for a reason.  You were there as a friend for me for so long.  I enjoyed our friendship. I learned a lot and grew as a person. 

You have a girlfriend now and I’m happy that you found someone that you can commit to. 

In a bizarre way, I needed to know you before I could meet my husband.  I hope that you have found that same happiness with your girlfriend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment