Saturday, July 10, 2010

Letter #1: To My Best Friend

To My Best Friend,

I heard a quote once that "A best friend is like a four leaf clover, hard to find and lucky to have." How true that is!  Hard to find?  Yep, you were hard to find.  It took me twenty years and a trip to Austria to find you.  Lucky to have?  Beyond belief! You've saved my life in countless ways - literally and metaphorically.  You've saved me numerous times on a mountain, dug me out of snow-filled hole when my foot got stuck, but you've always saved me metaphorically.  You've comforted me, wiped away my tears.  You've brought more smiles to my lips than anyone. You've brought more peace to mind than anyone else could.  You've guided me, taught me valuable lessons, and shown me true love. You've allowed me to be who I really am.  You brought the "real me" back to life.

You are simply amazing.  Without you, my path would surely be lost. Without you, I would not be this person who I am today.

I owe you gratitude.  I am indebted to you for your friendship.  You have always been generous and giving.  The first time we met, you were helping others.  The first time we traveled about Munich together, you bought me a coffee simply "just because."

The best way to thank you is to show you the kindness and love and friendship that you have shown me.  I am always here for you. 

Thank you, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment