Thursday, July 15, 2010

Letter #4: To My Sister


Here is the fourth letter in the 30-day letter challenge. This one is dedicated to my sibling.

Dear Sisterino,
When we were little, we would fight everyday. Usually over the “rules” of some game we invented.  Yet, even though we would fight, we were still best friends at the end of the day.  After all, in a world of grown-ups, we were the only ones who could still fit under the dining room table.  But, one day at Grandma’s we had an especially big fight.  Probably over the rules of some game.  I was five and said the worst thing I ever said to you.  I said, “I wish we weren’t sisters.”  Looking back, it was the worst thing I ever said…. I regret that I said it.

My life would be so boring (but probably less mischievous… well…. maybe not haha) without you!  I’m sorry I said those words so long ago, but the truth is that I’m so glad you’re my sister!

Whenever we hang out and have “brother day” I always have so much fun.  You get me.  Our twin-ness is just awesome… remember the twin letter from Vienna? Haha.  We’re so different and so exactly the same.  It’s pretty much awesome. 

Right now, you’re making French press coffee. I’m laughing at you because you’re using the nasty sponge to wipe your shirt….you probably made it more germy than it was worth.  See, it’s things like that that make me laugh. 

I like so many things about the “real” you…. You’re just as crazy as me.  You like dancing to “It Makes Me Ill.”  You like crazy harebrained ideas. 

Basically, I know the real you.  And I love the real you. 

Love,
Your twin 

No comments:

Post a Comment