Friday, November 5, 2010

Letter #9: Letter to Someone I Wish I Could Meet


To Someone I Wish I Could Meet in Person,

I suppose this might be obvious for whom this letter is written.  Anyway, when I was little I used to think that is was unfair that not everyone got to meet You in person.  I remember I was in first grade and I wondered what it would be like to meet You – would You be intimidating or would You be so loving that it seemed like we were friends for a long, long time.  What would our conversations be like?  Old friends or new acquaintances?

I’m not in first grade anymore yet I still wonder – would it be like friends or like strangers meeting for the first time.  I think the best analogy would be like when pen pals meet for the first time.  You have this knowledge of the other person but something is different when you meet in the physical realm for the first time.

Anyway, one day, I hope, we’ll meet and I know it will be completely better than the first-grade me thought. 

No comments:

Post a Comment