Friday, November 5, 2010

Letter #10: To Someone I Don't Talk to as Much as I'd Like


A letter to someone who I don’t talk to as much as I’d like:

It’s funny (and sad) to see how much time and distance can change things.  I miss talking to you as much as I did.  In some bizarre fate of twist, I know that I would not be where I am without you.  You see, we really are connected in a tangled and intricate web.  The ripples we make in the water affect everyone.  As the saying goes, “The fluttering of a butterfly's wings can effect climate changes on the other side of the planet” (Paul Erlich.)  You may think we are not connected but we are.  When I look back at pictures, I am happy.  We needed each other.  I know distance and time may only grow more, but never doubt that I am your friend.

You’ll never know how much it meant to me that you came to my wedding.  Thank you, friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment