Monday, March 7, 2011

A Strange Fantasy

I want a chicken coop.  To which my husband said, "You want to be a farm girl??  Ha, well ... learn something new everyday!" 


I suppose this was a long time coming.  I'm not surprised.  I'm only surprised I didn't admit it to myself earlier. 


I want to move to a house with lots of land. I want to build a garden and a chicken coop.  I want to live with the land and live off of the land.  I want to take a step back, away from all the hustle and bustle and useless worry connected to the go-go-go aspect of our society. 


Am I "green"?  Maybe.  
Am I old-fashioned?  Probably. 
I just want to treat the earth the way it was designed to be treated.  We are supposed to live on the earth, with the earth... not treat it like a garbage dump. 

The violets in the mountains have broken the rocks.  ~Tennessee William

No comments:

Post a Comment