Friday, March 18, 2011

Letter #12: To the person who caused me the most pain


Letter #12 is to the person who has caused you the most pain.

To the person who has caused me the most pain:

You caused me to question the very meaning and purpose of pain and suffering.  You made me contemplate which is worse: physical, mental, or emotional pain.  Although, I suspect you caused me all three, rolled into one giant mess.  Because you see, sometimes emotional pain is so great it feels worse than physical pain…. And then when you think it can’t get worse, it actually does morph and become physical pain.  The three types of pain morph into one overall painful feeling.  For some people, they just become numb, but not me. For me, I reached a point in my life – a type of unlocked emotional art supply.  I wrote poetry like never before.  I channeled my hurt and emotions into music, art, poetry, lyrics, and melodies.  It was like my raw emotion held the key to understanding all art forms.

Anyway, you caused me to realize the purpose of this pain.  That pain, while I would not wish to endure it again, made me who I am.  I was like gold tested in fire. When I came out of the fire, I appreciated things – LIFE – in a way unlike before.  You guided me to where I needed to be in life, and for that – thank you, my friend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment