Monday, March 31, 2014

a whisper or a megaphone

Over the weekend, the family and I were on a retreat - not as participants but as leaders. During one small group exercise, we began to have a conversation about consciences. Although we talked about many things, the main idea kept coming back to one point our consciences are not megaphones, but rather they are tiny little whispers coming from within. Of course, those little whispers are easy to ignore at first, but slowly and steadily, like The Tell Tale Heart, they become impossible to ignore.

That being said, I think I was there on that retreat for a reason. Like I said, I was there as a leader, not a participant, but I ended up getting answers to a question that had been nagging me for quite some time.

And I had the answer all along... I only had to listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment